Quorn Pieces Tikka With Crispy Bombay Potatoes
This meal makes a great alternative to a takeaway – crispy, fragrant Bombay potatoes with a tasty Quorn Tikka made with Quorn Pieces, all cooked in the air fryer for a healthier take on the takeaway classic.
Served with a refreshing mango and cucumber chutney and a dollop of natural yogurt.
- Vegan and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes
- Indian Food Recipes
- Quick and Easy Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
A Little Effort
8.4 g of fat
- For the Quorn Tikka:
- 150g Quorn Pieces
- 1 brown onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp tikka seasoning
- 1 tsp olive oil
- For the crispy bombay potatoes:
- 300g baby potatoes
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp olive oil
- For the Mango and cucumber chutney:
- ½ a ripe mango
- ½ a cucumber
- 1 red chilli
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fat free natural yogurt to serve
- Preheat your air fryer to 200 degrees C.
- Peel and slice the onion and place in a large bowl. Deseed the peppers and cut into chunks then add to the bowl along with the Quorn Pieces, tikka seasoning and olive oil.
- Give everything a good mix and season with salt and pepper to taste. Put to one side to marinate whilst you prepare your potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes in halves or quarters depending on the size, then place in a large bowl with the garlic granules, garam masala, turmeric, and olive oil then season with salt and pepper to taste. Give everything a good mix then put in your air fryer for an initial 15 minutes.
- After the first 15 minutes give your potatoes a mix and if you have a large air fryer, place the Quorn Tikka mix in a separate compartment/level of the air fryer and cook for 10-15 minutes stirring halfway making sure the Quorn Pieces are piping hot throughout. If your air fryer has shelves then place the Quorn Tikka mix in a small oven proof dish before cooking in the air fryer. For single compartment air fryers, cook the potatoes for 20-25 minutes until cooked through then keep warm whilst you cook the Quorn Tikka.
- For the chutney – finely dice the mango, cucumber and red chilli then add to a bowl along with the mango chutney and the juice of half a lemon (reserve the other half to serve in wedges) then chop the mint and add to the bowl, giving everything a good mix.
- Serve the Quorn Tikka and crispy Bombay potatoes with the chutney, a dollop of natural yogurt and a wedge of lemon.
25 minutes cooking time may need to increase based on the size of your air fryer, so increase as needed.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.