Quorn Pieces Thai Salad
Try this refreshingly light Thai salad recipe made with marinated Quorn Pieces, green beans, peppers, chilli and mango - it's deliciously tangy and super tasty!
11 g of fibre
- 350g Quorn Pieces
- 1-2 tbsp Green Thai Paste, depending on taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 125g green beans, cut into bite sized pieces
- 175 white cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
- 1 small red pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Salad leave and coriander leaves to serve
- Marinate the Quorn Pieces in the Thai paste for 30 minutes, refrigerate.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan. Add the Quorn Pieces and cook for 5 minutes over a medium to high heat stirring constantly, until golden in colour, set aside
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water for 1 minute, then refresh in cold water. Place in a bowl with the cabbage, tomatoes, pepper and mango. Stir in the Quorn Pieces and coriander, season. Cover and chill in a refrigerator
- Mix together the dressing ingredients. Just before serving drizzle the dressing over the salad toss well. Serve on a bed of mixed salad leaves and garnish with coriander
Fresh crusty bread is the ideal accompaniment
Did you know? This recipe gives you a great head start on your way to 5-A-DAY. One portion of your 5-A-DAY equals 80g which is roughly 2 broccoli spears, a large handful of tomatoes or a medium mango.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.