Quorn Vegetarian Rogan Josh
This aromatic and highly spiced curry made with Quorn Pieces, is perfect for curry lovers! Great for a weeknight meal or friday night fakeaway.
High in protein
Low in saturated fat
- 300g Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato passata or tomato puree
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1/4 cup water ( if needed )
- 1 Bayleaf
- 1 cm Cinnamon stick
- 6 Cloves
- 10 peppercorns
- 5 green cardamom
- 2 Tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tsp ground coriander
- 1-2 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Fennel
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp coriander leaves
- 3 Tbsp Toasted Coconut flakes
- 1 Tsp Sliced Red Chilli
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Fennel
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- Heat ghee and oil in a pan. Add the whole spices and sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic. Reduce the heat to medium flame and saute for 7-8 minutes until the onions are softened.
- Add the Passata sauce, 1/4 cup water, ground spices - cumin, coriander, fennel, kashmiri chilli powder, paprika and salt. Stir to combine. Cook in medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the quorn pieces and vegetable stock . Cover and cook for 12 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tablespoon of yogurt to the gravy, until well blended. If the yogurt is thick, mix the yogurt with a little water to dilute it. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle garam masala and ground fennel. Taste for seasoning and add more as needed.
- Turn off the flame and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with toasted coconut flakes, coriander leaves and sliced red chilli.
- Serve with Yellow rice, Naan bread and Cucumber Salad.
Recipe by Sandhya Hariharan
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Shouldn't be 2 Tablespoons of Paprika, should be 2 Teaspoons. Needs more stock and water, it's far too stodgy
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.