Quorn Festive Vegetarian Spiced Roast With all the Trimmings
This glazed Quorn Vegetarian Roast has all the festive flavours. A mix of traditional Christmas, but with a modern veggie twist, this succulent Quorn Festive Roast served with roast potatoes, maple & ginger glazed carrots and parsnips, and sprouts in bacon is perfect for celebrations over the holiday season.
This recipe serves 6 but is also a great festive dinner for 4 with leftovers saved to make our Quorn Bubble & Squeak Pie – the perfect boxing day dinner!
A Little Effort
12.1 g of fat
IngredientsFor the festive spiced Quorn Roast:
- 1 Quorn Roast
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground all spice
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 star anise
- 5 cloves
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 20 sprays low calorie cooking spray
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 500g carrots, peeled and cut into evenly sized batons
- 500g parsnips, peeled and cut into evenly sized batons
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 slices Quorn Vegetarian Bacon Slices, diced
- 1kg sprouts
- 5 sprays low calorie cooking spray
- 6 yorkshire puddings
- 300ml vegetable gravy
- 6 tsp cranberry sauce (optional)
For the Festive Spiced Quorn Roast:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (fan)/220°C/Gas Mark 7.
- Pierce the Quorn Roast and place on a baking tray. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Mix the maple syrup and spices in a small bowl and set to one side.
- After 45 minutes remove the wrapping from the Quorn Roast and discard. Brush all sides of the Quorn Roast with the festive glaze and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes glaze the Quorn Roast for a second time and decorate with bay leaves, star anise, cloves and rosemary. Roast for a further 5 minutes then set to one side and keep warm.
For the Roast Potatoes:
- Slice any larger potatoes in half. Tip onto a baking tray and spray with low calorie cooking spray, toss to evenly coat. Roast in a preheated oven at 200°C (fan)/220°C/Gas Mark 7 (at the same time as the Quorn Roast) for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes add the rosemary sprigs to the roasting tray. Return to the oven and roast for a further 10 minutes.
For the Maple and Ginger Glazed Carrots and Parsnips:
- Place the prepared carrots and parsnips into a bowl. Add the maple syrup, ground ginger and mustard. Toss to evenly coat. Tip onto a baking tray in one even layer. Roast in at 200°C (fan)/220°C/Gas Mark 7 in a pre-heated oven (cook at the same time as the Quorn Roast) for 55 minutes.
For the sprouts with Quorn Crispy Bacon:
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the sprouts and boil for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set to one side.
- Add 5 sprays of low calorie cooking spray to a non-stick frying pan. Fry the sprouts for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Once cooked, pop the sprouts into a serving bowl and scatter over the crispy Quorn Bacon.
For the Quorn Pigs in Blankets:
- Slice the Quorn Bacon Slices into 5 strips lengthways. Brush each sausage with a little maple syrup and wrap with a strip of Quorn Bacon.
- Place on a baking tray and cook at 200C (fan)/220°C/Gas Mark 7 in a pre-heated oven (again at the same time as the Quorn Roast) for 15 minutes.
- Carve the festive spiced Quorn Roast and serve with a portion of roast potatoes, maple and ginger glazed carrots and parsnips, sprouts with Quorn crispy Bacon, 2 Quorn Pigs in Blankets, a Yorkshire pudding, vegetable gravy and a dollop of cranberry sauce.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.