Buckwheat Pancakes with Quorn Vegetarian Bacon
For a veggie breakfast filled with flavour, try Quorn's Buckwheat Pancakes with Quorn Meat-Free Bacon. Fluffy pancakes with delicious Quorn Bacon, what a way to start the day!
A Little Effort
High in protein
Low in saturated fat
- For the filling
- 1 x 100g pack Quorn Vegetarian Bacon
- 4 eggs
- 100g grated cheddar or Gruyere cheese
- For the pancakes
- 75g buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 50ml water-approx
- a little butter for frying the galettes
- For the galette place the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre and add the eggs and water. Beat these together, adding milk a little at a time until you obtain a smooth thin batter with a pouring consistency of single cream. Leave the mixture to rest for 1 hour. Iif it has thickened on standing, add a little more water to thin it down.
- Place the oil in a frying pan and gently sauté the Quorn Vegetarian Bacon until crispy and lightly golden using the back of pack guidelines.
- Heat a large flat pancake pan or a heavy based frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. When melted and hot, pour in a little batter and spread over the base of the pan to obtain a thin galette. Cook until lightly golden then flip over
- At this stage crack an egg and drop into the centre of the galette. Using a non-stick palette knife, spread the white of the egg gently over the surface, then add a sprinkling of Quorn Vegetarian Bacon, lastly top with some grated cheese and fold in the two sides of the galette to cover the soft egg yolk and then the two ends to form a parcel.
- Serve immediately accompanied by a crisp seasonal salad. Delicious!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.