Quorn Mince Spaghetti Carbonara
Try our Spaghetti Carbonara recipe made with Quorn Mince. Our take on this classic Italian dish is low in saturated fat for the ultimate guilt free Italian.
Made with Quorn Mince
High in Protein
Low in Saturated Fat
- 150g pack Quorn Vegetarian Bacon Slices, chopped
- 175g Quorn Mince
- 350g dried spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Quorn just needs to be added to the sauce, so the recipe requires about 50% less oil than you would usually use)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 free range eggs, whisked
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan or vegetarian Italian style hard cheese
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the spaghetti, cook as per back of pack instructions
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan over a moderate heat. Add the shallot, garlic and the Quorn Mince, saute gently for 3 minutes. Stir in the Quron Vegetarian ham or bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Season to taste
- Whisk the eggs in a large serving bowl with the grated Italian style hard cheese. Drain the spaghetti reserving 2 large spoonfuls of cooking water
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the whisked eggs in the serving bowl with the ham and mince mixture and the reserved cooking liquid. Keep stirring until all the ingredients are well combined
- Divide the pasta between 4 bowls and serve garnished with fresh parsley and some freshly ground black pepper Really delicious!
Did you know? A top tip to increase your fibre intake is to switch your plain white pasta for wholemeal pasta (you could even just switch half). Fibre is important to include in our diet to keep our digestive system healthy.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
3 out of 5 stars