Quorn Crispy Fillet Donburi
Donburi is a direct translation of the word 'bowl' in Japanese and is traditionally made using beef and onion as a base. Try our meat-free version of the tasty rice recipe which can be made using Quorn Cripsy Fillets. Make sure you pack on the ginger for an authentic taste!
- Vegetarian Japanese Recipes
- Asian Food Recipes
- Fakeaway Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
A Little Effort
16 g of fat
- 2 Quorn Crispy Fillets
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 50g sushi rice
- 2 tbsp mirin sachets
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 20g pea shoots
- 1 carrot
- 1 spring onion
- Rinse the sushi rice in a sieve under cold water for 30 seconds and drain fully.
- Add the rice, 200ml cold water and a pinch of salt to a lidded pot and bring to a light boil. Reduce to low for 15 minutes then remove from heat, and leave covered for a further 10 minutes.
- To make the teriyaki sauce, add cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water to a bowl and mix. Add the soy sauce, mirin, Chinese rice wine and 1 tbsp sugar and stir well.
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat and reduce your teriyaki sauce until thickened to a maple syrup-like consistency.
- Bake The Quorn Crispy Fillets for 13 minutes
- Spoon over 1 tbsp of your sauce and bake for a further 8 minutes
- Top the sticky rice with sliced Quorn Crispy Fillet, grated carrot and a handful of pea shoots. Spoon the remaining teriyaki sauce over the fillet and garnish the sliced spring onion and sesame seeds.
Adding a tbsp of sushi rice vinegar as rice cools to room temperature will give you the perfect sticky rice!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.