Air Fryer Quorn Crispy Nuggets Nachos
A slightly less indulgent version of a cantina classic. Soft wholemeal tortillas are cut into triangles and seasoned before being crisped up in the air fryer and topped with onions, beans and piquant jalapeno chillies.
Topped with melty cheese and Quorn Crispy Nuggets then served with a zesty pico de gallo and a dollop of sour cream, it’s a fakeaway that’ll soon become a mealtime regular.
- Vegan and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes
- British Food Recipes
- Quick and Easy Recipes
- Meat Free Nugget Recipes
17.3 g of fat
- 8 Quorn Crispy Nuggets
- 3 regular sized wholemeal soft tortillas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ red onion
- 100g tinned/pouched black beans
- 30g green jalapeno chillies from a jar
- 50g reduced fat grated mozzarella
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red chilli
- 10g fresh coriander
- 1 lime
- 30g reduced fat sour cream
- Cut each of the tortillas into 8 triangles then place in a large bowl and season with the cayenne pepper, paprika and salt and pepper to taste then add the olive oil. Give everything a good mix making sure the seasonings are evenly coating all the triangles.
- Place the tortillas in the air fryer in a single layer (you may need to cook them in batches) and cook at 160 degrees C for 10-15 minutes until dry and crispy. Once all the tortillas are cooked, put them together in the air fryer. Finely dice the onion and jalapenos then scatter over the tortillas along with the drained black beans and the grated mozzarella.
- Cook in the air fryer for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melty and golden.
- Cook the Quorn Crispy Nuggets in the air fryer for 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy and piping hot throughout.
- For the pico de gallo – cut the tomatoes into quarters and finely chop the coriander and red chilli. Mix everything in a bowl along with the juice of half a lime (save the other half for serving). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the nuggets and nachos are cooked, cut the nuggets into halves and serve on top of the nachos with the pico de gallo and a dollop of sour cream.
20 minutes cooking time may need to increase based on the size of your air fryer, so increase as needed.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.