Quorn Crispy Nuggets Katsu Bento Box
Bento boxes are a takeaway lunch staple in Japan, so why not try our fakeaway version! Our Crispy Nuggets make a perfect dipping partner for this fragrant katsu curry sauce. Served with seasoned sticky sushi rice and a fresh green vegetable salad doused in a punchy wasabi dressing, this combo is sure to bring some zing to your lunch or dinner.
4.2 g of fat
- 16 Quorn Crispy Nuggets
- 320g uncooked sushi rice
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 brown onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 150ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 thumb sized piece ginger
- 200ml hot boiled water
- 1 tsp oil
- 200g Edamame beans
- 200g fine green beans
- 140g kale
- 4 spring onions
- 10g wasabi
- 2 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 20g toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat a fan oven to 200 degrees celsius fan.
- For the Katsu curry sauce, peel and finely chop the onion and garlic and ginger, and grate the carrot.
- In a medium saucepan, add the oil then the chopped veggies and cook on a medium heat until the veg has softened.
- Next, add the tomato puree and curry powder and stir to combine. Cook for a minute or so until the curry powder is fragrant then add the coconut milk and 200ml hot water from a recently boiled kettle.
- Cook until the vegetables have softened and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Once cooked, you can blitz the sauce until smooth using a stick blender, or alternatively leave the sauce chunky if you prefer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the sushi rice – place the rice in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid.
- Rinse the rice with cold water until the water runs almost clear then cover the rice with 440ml cold water.
- Place the pan on a hob with the lid on and bring to the boil
- Once boiling turn the heat down to the lowest setting and continue to steam the rice for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked add the rice vinegar, and sugar and stir into the rice using a fork so as not to clump up the rice too much. Season with salt to taste. Put the lid back on and put to one side.
- Place the Quorn Crispy Nuggets on a baking tray and cook according to the packet instructions.
- To make the salad – cut the fine green beans into 2cm pieces and shred the kale. Then add to a pan of boiling water along with the edamame beans and blanch for about 2 minutes.
- Drain the veg and cover with cold water to cool the veg and stop the cooking process so the vegetables remain crunchy. Drain and place in a large bowl then finely chop the spring onions and add to the blanched veg.
- In a small bowl, first mix the wasabi with a splash of cold water until it forms a smooth paste then add the lemon juice and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the dressing with the salad then mix in the toasted sesame seeds and serve with the rice, Katsu sauce and the Quorn Crispy Nuggets.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.