Quorn Crispy Nuggets With Parmesan And Garlic Courgette Chips
Quorn Crispy Nuggets are the MOST delicious pairing for courgette chips and sweet potato fries. The best bit – everything is cooked in the air fryer for a quick & tasty meal for two.
Serve with a super quick homemade tomato and basil dipping sauce and a rocket and tomato side salad, this feast makes a wholesome alternative to your usual weekend takeaway.
- Vegan and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes
- Quick and Easy Recipes
- Meat Free Nugget Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
18 g of fat
- 8 Quorn Crispy Nuggets
- 1 large courgette
- 1 medium egg
- 20g parmesan cheese (or a vegetarian hard cheese alternative)
- 40g natural breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 2-3 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 200g passata
- Handful of fresh basil
- 40g rocket
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the air fryer to 180 degrees C.
- For the courgette chips – put the egg in a bowl and whisk, then finely grate the parmesan/vegetarian cheese and add to another bowl along with the breadcrumbs, garlic granules and 1 tsp of olive oil. Give everything a mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the courgettes into thick chips (one courgette should make around 12-14 chips) then dip in the egg then the breadcrumb mix, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the chips until well coated. Place on your air fryer tray making sure they are in one layer and are not touching, and cook in the air fryer for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- For the sweet potato fries – cut the potatoes into thin fries then toss in a bowl with the paprika, 1 teaspoon of oregano, and one teaspoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in your second air fryer compartment/tray making sure they are in one layer for even cooking and cook for 20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Once your sweet potato fries and courgette chips are cooked, put your Quorn Crispy Nuggets in the air fryer, leaving a gap between them and cook for about 10-12 minutes until crispy and piping hot throughout.
- For the tomato and basil sauce, combine the passata, oregano and finely chopped basil in a bowl and warm in the microwave for 2-3 minutes until bubbling and piping hot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the tomatoes in half then place in a bowl with the rocket and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve the Quorn Crispy Nuggets, courgette chips, sweet potato fries and tomato and basil sauce with the rocket and tomato salad on the side with a wedge of lemon.
20 minutes cooking time may need to increase based on the size of your air fryer, so increase as needed.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.