Brilliant Bangers Vegan Hotpot
Deliciously warming, this vegan hotpot made with Quorn Brilliant Bangers is savoury and comforting perfect for those cold winter nights – all the things you need from a Hotpot. This vegan hotpot will keep your whole family fed and happy! Serve with your favourite veggies and let the cosiness begin!
12.3 g of fat
- 1 pack of Quorn Brilliant Bangers
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 250g cooked Puy lentils
- 1 brown onion
- 2 small carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150g button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 bay leaf
- Handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- ½ tsp Marmite
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- 750g potatoes (we used red skinned potatoes for their waxy texture)
- 30g vegan butter, melted
- Preheat a fan oven to 180 degrees C.
- Peel the potatoes and cut in half then place in a pan of boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes until not quite cooked through. Drain and put to one side to cool slightly.
- Finely dice the carrots, onion, celery and garlic then put in a large frying pan with the olive oil and cook on a medium heat until softened.
- Slice the sausages into rounds then add to the pan and cook until slightly browned.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters and add to the pan, cooking for a couple of minutes to soften.
- Add the tomato puree and stir to combine, cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add the hot vegetable stock and Marmite along with the picked thyme leaves and bay leaf.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add the lentils and cook until the sauce has reduced slightly and thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the hotpot to a deep sided baking dish then slice the par boiled potatoes and lay on top.
- Brush the potatoes with the melted butter and season with salt and pepper then bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until the potatoes have browned and the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve with your favourite veggies.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.