Quorn Crispy Battered Sausage Bites
Jacqueline Meldrum is a food writer and recipe developer who specialises in making easy family vegetarian and vegan meals - which can be seen on her blog Tinned Tomatoes. This time she shows us how to create these mouth-watering crispy sausage bites.
- 8 Quorn Sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 250 ml sparkling water
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- a good grinding of black pepper
- enough sunflower oil to fry the sausage bites in (4-5 cm).
- Cook the Quorn Sausages in a frying pan or wok with the olive oil, turning regularly until brown and crisp (you can cook them lighter if you perfer)
- Place the Quorn Sausages on a plate to cool. Once cool, cut them into thirds
- Once the pan is a little cooler, give it a wipe, then fill with enough oil to cook the Quorn Sausage bites in and heat
- Make the batter. In a medium size bowl mix the flour with the spices, then pour in the sparkling water and stir until you have a batter about the consistency of double cream. Don't worry if it's a little lumpy
- Coat the Quorn Sausage bites in batter and gently lower into the hot oil. I only cooked 3 or 4 at once. They only need a few seconds on each side, then lift them out onto a plate covered in kitchen paper (to catch any excess oil)
- Keep doing this in small batches until they are all done and serve with ketchup or salad
This recipe has been created by one of our Quorn™ivores. Have a look at our blog where you will be able to meet our Quorn™ivore chefs and be inspired to create delicious, healthy meals.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.