Quorn Sticky Sausages and Cider Braised Onions
This is a great twist on classic bonfire sausages. Load up your favourite buns with Quorn Sausages, pile high with braised onions and enjoy with a delicious side of apple slaw. To turn this bonfire night recipe into a winter warmer, serve on a plate and swap the apple slaw for a delicious mustard mash.
Made with Quorn Vegetarian Sausages
High in Protein
Source of Fibre
Low in Saturated Fat
For the sausages…
- 8 Quorn Sausages
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cider
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
For the cider braised onions…
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 2 white onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 200ml cider
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
For the apple slaw…
- 2 red apples, matchsticks
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
Salt and pepper
- 4 ciabatta bread rolls
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c/Fan 180c/Gas 6
- Mix the honey, cider and wholegrain mustard in a bowl. Place the Quorn Sausages onto a baking tray and drizzle over the honey mixture. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 17 minutes
- Whilst the sausages are cooking, Heat a drizzle of olive oil and a large saucepan. Add the sliced onions and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cider and simmer for 8 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the thyme leaves and season to taste.
- For the Apple Slaw, place all of the apple slaw ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Season to taste.
- To serve, slice each ciabatta roll in half and toast on a hot griddle pan. Fill each roll with two sticky sausages, a dollop of cider braised onions and a side of apple slaw.
If preferred, swap the cider for unsweetened apple juice.