Quorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Mexican Burger
Our super tasty Hot and Spicy Vegan Burgers are packed with fresh flavours and textures to create this Mexican inspired recipe. Smashed avocado, vegan yoghurt, jalepenos and fresh coriander are layered in a seeded bun and served simply with a griddled corn salsa.
A Little Effort
27.4 g of fat
High in protein
High in fibre
Low in saturated fat
IngredientsFor the burger:
- 1 pack of Quorn Vegan Hot & Spicy Burgers
- 5 tbsp plain vegan yoghurt
- 2 pickles, finely chopped
- 4 seeded burger buns, sliced in half
- 2 avocados, halved, de-stoned, flesh scooped out and smashed
- 10g rocket
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 5g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 corn on the cob
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 10 g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 220°C / Fan 200°C / Gas mark 7. Put the Quorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Burgers onto a baking tray and cook in the centre of your oven for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a griddle pan on a high heat and brush the corn with 1 tbsp oil. Place the corn on the cob on to the griddle pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, or until cooked with some char marks. Remove from the pan, carefully stand the corn cobs on their ends and slice the corn off the cob, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the red pepper, red onion, coriander, lime zest, extra virgin olive oil and season to taste. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt with the chopped pickles and set aside.
- To assemble the burgers, place the bottom of the seeded buns on to a clean chopping board or plates. Top each bun with yoghurt and pickle mix, smashed avocado and rocket. Add a Quorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Burger onto each bun and finish with the sliced red onion, sliced red chilli, coriander and another drizzle of the yoghurt and pickle. Place the top of the bun firmly on top of each burger and serve immediately with the grilled corn salsa.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.