Quorn Vegan Fillet, Kale and Edamame Bean Salad
Great for light summer lunches.
- Vegan & Vegetarian BBQ Recipes
- Lunch Recipe Ideas
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Vegan Recipes
A Little Effort
High in protein
High in fibre
Low in saturated fat
- 2 Quorn Vegan Fillets, defrosted
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 bunches baby kale, washed and drained
- 150g edamame beans
- ½ peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (can substitute Sriracha or hot chili flakes)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 red chili peppers
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oil over a medium heat and fry the Quorn Vegan Fillets for 5-7 minutes, turning frequently until golden brown. Keep warm until needed.
- To make the kale salad, remove any larger stems from the kale, chop the leaves and place in bowl. Slice cucumber thinly. Add cucumber, and edamame beans. Prepare the salad dressing by combining all of the ingredients. Mix well and add salt to taste. Toss a little over the salad.
- Prepare the Pico de Gallo by peeling the onion and garlic. Halve the chili peppers and remove the cores and seeds. Finely chop the tomatoes, cilantro, onion, and garlic. Mix all ingredients. Add the grated lime zest and lime juice. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve the warm Quorn Vegan Fillets on top of the salad, drizzle over a little salad dressing and add a generous spoonful of pico de gallo.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.