Quorn Crunchy Fillet Cajun Burger With Onion Rings
This stacked burger might look indulgent but it’s loaded with lots of wholesome ingredients. Quorn Crunchy Fillet Burgers are layered with Cajun spiced sweet potatoes and peppers, rocket and a fresh pea and mint guacamole. Served with crispy onion rings and cooked in the air fryer, this delicious burger will satisfy all your takeaway cravings!
- Vegan and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes
- Fakeaway Recipes
- Quick and Easy Recipes
- Meat Free Burger Recipes
12.6 g of fat
- 2 Quorn Crunchy Fillet Burgers
- 2 seeded burger buns
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 red pepper
- ½ tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 handful of rocket
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 red chilli
- 1 clove garlic
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fat free greek yogurt
- 1 large onion
- 60g panko breadcrumbs
- 40g plain flour
- 50ml almond milk
- Preheat your air fryer to 200 degrees C.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into rounds about ½ cm thick and place in a bowl. Deseed the peppers and cut into thick strips and add to the bowl along with the Cajun seasoning and 1 tsp olive oil. Give everything a good mix and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place just the sweet potatoes in the air fryer in one layer and cook for an initial 10 minutes, then add the pepper strips and cook for a further 8-10 minutes until softened and golden.
- For the onion rings – peel the onion and cut into thick rounds and separate the rings. Put the onion rings into a bowl and toss with the flour until coated. Put the almond milk in a bowl then add the breadcrumbs in another bowl along with the garlic granules, olive oil and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Shake the excess flour off the onion rings, but keeping the excess flour in the bowl, then dip in the almond milk, then the flour again, then the almond milk a second time. Next dip into the breadcrumb mix and coat each ring until evenly coated in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the onion rings in a single layer in the air fryer (you may need to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer) and cook for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- For the Quorn Crunchy Fillet Burgers – place in the air fryer and cook for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and piping hot throughout.
- For the pea guacamole – put the peas in a heatproof bowl or jug and cover with water then cook in the microwave for around 4 minutes until piping hot. Drain the peas and rinse with cold water until cold. Place in a food processor with the mint leaves, peeled garlic clove, yogurt, red chilli (deseed if you don’t like it too hot) and the juice of half a lime and blitz until smooth. (You can finely chop everything together for a chunkier guacamole if you don’t have a food processor). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the burger – first add rocket to the base of your buns followed by the Cajun sweet potato slices and red peppers, next add the Quorn Crunchy Fillet Burger and top with a good dollop of the pea guacamole. Serve with the crispy onion rings and the spare guacamole for extra dippage.
20 minutes cooking time may need to increase based on the size of your air fryer, so increase as needed.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.