Brown Butter Risotto with Quorn Sausages
Creamy wild mushroom, kale and edamame bean risotto finished off with crisp Quorn sausages and a nutty brown butter.
A Little Effort
- 300g Quorn Sausages
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil + extra
- ½ (90g) large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 295g arborio rice
- 125ml white wine
- 1.25L vegetable stock, warm
- 50g kale, shredded
- 50g edamame beans, blanched
- 270g exotic mushrooms, sliced
- 56g butter
- Salt and pepper
- 100g soft goats cheese
- Handful basil leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté, 1 minute. Add the rice and sauté, 2 minutes. Pour in the wine and cook until absorbed, 3-5 minutes. Ladle the warm stock in, 1 cup at a time, and cook until all the liquid has been absorbed before adding the next cup. Cook, stirring continuously, for 15-20 minutes until the rice is tender. Stir in the kale and edamame beans and cover the pot with a lid.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and fry the mushrooms, 2 minutes. Remove the mushrooms; add the Quorn Vegan Pepper and Herb Sausages and fry, 14 minutes. Cut the sausages into slanted slices.
- Cook the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until dark brown and nutty, 1-2 minutes. Stir the butter into the warm risotto and season it to taste.
- Spoon the risotto into serving dishes and top it with the sausage slices. Crumble the goats cheese on top and add a few basil leaves.
Tips: Exotic mushrooms such as shiitake, shimeji and oyster mushrooms are perfect for this risotto recipe. The wine can easily be replaced with additional vegetable stock, if preferred.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.