Air Fryer Quorn Sausage and Bean Melt
Golden puff pastry filled with all your faves – Quorn Sausage, baked beans and melty cheese, all cooked in the Air Fryer! Served with a crunchy coleslaw and a bit of green salad making this sausage and bean melt a delicious meal for lunch or dinner.
Made with Quorn Vegetarian Sausages
High in Protein
Source of Fibre
Low in Saturated Fat
- 2 Quorn Sausages
- 100g ready rolled light puff pastry
- 120g reduced sugar baked beans
- 20g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 medium egg
- 100g white cabbage
- 5g fresh chives
- ½ red onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 tbsp fat free natural yogurt
- 1 lemon
- 50g mixed salad
- Put the Quorn Sausages in the air fryer and cook on 180 degrees C for 8-10 minutes until piping hot throughout. Remove from the air fryer and cut into rounds then put to one side to cool slightly.
- Cut two rectangles from your pastry approximately 12cm x 24cm (if your pastry isn’t ready rolled then roll it out to the thickness of a pound coin before cutting)
- Divide your beans between each rectangle – only putting the beans in one half of the rectangle and leaving a 2cm gap around the edge. Then top with the cut sausages and the grated cheese.
- Beat the egg then brush the edges of the pastry before folding over the other half of the rectangle to form a square. Press down the edges to seal then press around the edges with a fork to finish.
- Brush each pastry with the remaining egg then cut a small hole in the top of each pastry to allow the steam to come out whilst cooking.
- Place in the air fryer and cook at 180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes until golden and puffed up, turning half way through cooking to ensure the pastry cooks evenly.
- Whilst the pastries are cooking, make your coleslaw. Finely shred the cabbage and onion then place in a large bowl. Peel and grate your carrot into your bowl then finely chop the chives and add along with the yogurt and mayonnaise. Give everything a good mix until all the veggies are covered with the dressing.
- Serve the Quorn Sausage and bean melts with the coleslaw and a handful of mixed salad leaves.
20 minutes cooking time may need to increase based on the size of your air fryer, so increase as needed.