Quorn Vegan Butter Chicken
This mildly spicy vegan butter chicken simmers in a silky tomato sauce, full of flavoursome spices and herbs. Add your delicious Quorn Vegan Pieces and you are ready to dine!
A Little Effort
- 2 packets of Quorn Vegan Fillets
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 3 green cardamom seeds
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 cloves
- 6 black pepper corns
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 and 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup soaked cashews (soak in boiled water for at least 30 minutes)
- 1 tbsp creamed coconut
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp pink himalayan salt (or to taste)
- chopped fresh coriander
- few tbsp of plain soya yogurt
- Dice the onions and tomato. Crush the ginger and garlic. Sauté the onions, ginger and garlic in a bit of coconut oil until tender. Using coconut oil as a butter substitute is essential in this recipe.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and a bit of water. Add all powdered spices and salt. Add creamed coconut. Sauté 5-7 minutes until tomatoes melts. Add soaked cashews. Blend the sauce in a high speed jug blender (a soup blender doesn’t handle cashews well and they need to be pureed so that the sauce has rich, creamy consistency). Pour the sauce back to the pot.
- Now add the rest of the spices: cardamom pods, black pepper corns, cloves and chopped green chilli.
- Add diced Quorn Vegan Fillets and 1 and 1/2 cup of almond milk. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes, until the Fillets are cooked and have soaked up the spices. Stir occasionally. If the sauce gets too thick while cooking, add a tiny bit of water or almond milk. This curry should be thick and creamy.
- Serve with basmati rice and vegan naan bread. Garnish with soya yogurt and chopped fresh coriander prior to serving.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review