Biriyani with Quorn Pieces
This Quorn Biriyani includes succulent Quorn Pieces and with just 0.9g saturated fat, you won't need to feel guilty about seconds.
- Vegetarian and Vegan Curry Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Gluten Free Recipes
- Indian Food Recipes
High in protein
Low in saturated fat
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 3 tbsp of Tikka paste
- 250g basmati rice
- 200g frozen mixed vegetables (peas, sweetcorn, peppers etc.)
- 1 red onion finely diced
- A good handful of dried apricots, diced
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 600ml boiling water plus 3 tbsp
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- Toasted flaked almonds to garnish
- Mix 2 tbsp of the tikka paste with 3 tbsp of water, coat the Quorn Pieces well and reserve.
- In a large microwavable bowl add the rice, frozen mixed vegetables, red onions, diced apricots, 1 tbsp of tikka paste and the crumbled stock cube. Pour over 600ml of boiling water and mix well, cover with cling film leaving a gap at the side to vent the steam, cook on high/full power for 6 minutes.
- Peel back film and stir in the Quorn Pieces and any remaining marinade. Recover and cook for 6 minutes. Leave this now for 5 minutes to allow the rice to absorb all the liquid, then fluff up with a fork and stir through 2 tbsp of the chopped coriander.
- Garnish with the remaining coriander and flaked almonds. Serve with Naan bread.
Please note: Cooking times are based on an 800W microwave.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.