Quorn Mince & Aubergine Moussaka
This delicious vegetarian twist on a classic Greek moussaka recipe, made with Quorn Mince and aubergine is a delicious weekend treat that the whole family will enjoy.
20 g of fat
High in protein
Low in saturated fat
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 250g potatoes, sliced into 1cm sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 250ml tomato passata
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomato paste
- 2 medium aubergines, sliced into 1cm slices and griddled
- 200ml unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- 1 free range egg
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of sugar
- 50g vegetarian parmesan
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200⁰C, grease one medium pie dish
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt, roughly mix and place on a baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes, turning half way. Turn oven down to 180⁰C.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, gently fry the onion on a medium heat for 5 minutes until soft, then add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Add the oregano, paprika, cinnamon and dried mint and fry for 1 minute. Add the tomato passata, vegetable stock and sundried tomato paste and simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste. Take off the heat and stir in the Quorn Mince.
- Whilst the Quorn Mince is simmering, griddle the sliced aubergine for 30 seconds on each side.
- Lightly whisk the yogurt, egg, nutmeg and sugar together.
- Split the aubergines into 3, place one layer on the greased dish top followed by a layer of roasted potato slices then a layer of mince and press down and repeat, finishing with a layer of aubergines and press down.
- Pour over the yoghurt mixture, allowing it to trickle through any gaps in the potato layer then sprinkle with vegetarian parmesan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until browned on top and piping hot.
- Stand for 5-10 minutes after cooking.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.