Conchiglioni Pasta with Quorn Sausages & Spinach
This hearty and delicious pasta is the perfect crowd-pleasing supper. Bring the pan straight to the table to enjoy a wonderful family meal together. To save time, you can assemble the meal in advance and then finished cooking in the oven the next day to serve a freshly cooked meal.
A Little Effort
- 6 Quorn Sausages, diced
- 200g Conchiglioni pasta
- 75g spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 100g light mascarpone
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g tomato puree
- 500g passata
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 50g mozzarella, torn
- Salt and pepper
- Basil leaves to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/ 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- Mix the diced Quorn sausages, spinach and mascarpone in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the pasta shells with the sausage filling and set to one side.
- In a large oven proof frying pan approximately 28cm in diameter heat a drizzle of olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the sliced onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the passata and stock, bring to the boil, remove from the heat and season to taste.
- Arrange the stuffed pasta shells on top of the tomato sauce and bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Scatter over the torn mozzarella and return the pan to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.