- 300g Quorn Sausages
- 360g baby potatoes
- 5 Tbsp (75ml) olive oil
- 130g cauliflower florets, blanched
- 130g trimmed fine beans, blanched
- 80g peas, blanched
- 125g cake flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch black pepper
- 375ml vegan beer
- sunflower oil, for deep-frying
- 1 (180g) large onion, cut into rounds
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- ½ green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) lime juice
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) water
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- handful basil leaves
- 8 lime wedges, to serve
- For the salad, place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring it up to a boil, cover with a lid and cook until fork-tender, 15-20 minutes. Slice the potatoes in half.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and fry the Quorn Vegan Pepper and Herb Sausages until golden and tender, 14 minutes. Cut the sausages into rounds. Keep the same pan warm and add the halved potatoes and fry until golden and crisp, 2 minutes per side. Remove the potatoes; add the cauliflower florets to the warm pan and fry on each side until lightly charred, 2 minutes. Toss the sausage rounds, potatoes, cauliflower, fine beans and peas together and set aside.
- For the onion rings, whisk the cake flour, salt, garlic powder, pepper and beer together. Heat the oil for deep-frying to 180°C. Dip each onion ring into the batter and then carefully place it into the warm oil. Fry the onion rings off in batches until golden, 1 minute per side. Drain the fried onions on paper towel.
- For the dressing, combine the remaining olive oil, garlic, chilli, mustard, sugar, lime juice, water and nutritional yeast in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, 2 minutes.
- Toss the warm dressing through the salad and top with the crisp onion rings and basil leaves. Serve the salad with the lime wedges on the side.
The beer can easily be replaced with a non-alcoholic alternative like sparkling water, if preferred.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review