Quorn Toad in the Hole with Root Vegetables
Perfect for the colder winter months, try this healthier Toad in the Hole with Root Vegetables, made with Quorn Sausages. Less than 350 calories per portion, low in saturated fat and high protein.
A Little Effort
13 g of fat
High in protein
Source of fibre
Low in saturated fat
- 1 pack Quorn Sausages
- 300g of mixed root vegetables, peeled & diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 6 heaped tbsp of plain flour (150g)
- 3 large eggs
- 200mls skimmed milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 200oC (400oF/Gas Mark 6)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and par cook the root vegetables for 7 minutes, drain & set aside
- Pre-heat the oil in an oven proof dish and add the Quorn Sausages, red onion & root vegetables & roast for 5 minutes
- Place the flour into a mixing bowl now add the eggs and beat to a smooth paste, gently add the milk, baking powder and thyme (optional) and whisk vigorously
- Pour the mixture over the sausages and vegetables and cook for 28 minutes Serve with onion gravy.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.