Tikka Masala with Quorn Pieces
Fancy a curry night? Tikka Masala is a much-loved classic, and it's easy to see why. Our Quorn version packs in all the flavour, but with fewer calories and less saturated fat. Great for a Saturday night fakeaway!
A Little Effort
10 g of fat
IngredientsFor the Curry:
- 300g pkt Quorn Pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions. finely chopped
- 400ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp quality Tikka Masala paste
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 140ml Greek style thick set yogurt
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add the Quorn Pieces and stir until evenly coated. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onions over a medium heat for 5 minutes until soft and golden, add the pepper and fry for a couple of minutes
- Add the Quorn Pieces and the marinade to the pan and stir fry for 5 minutes, to cook out the spices. Gradually add the hot stock, mixing well, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for at least 45 minutes. Continue to cook until the spices blend together and mellow. Top up with a little boiling water if necessary. Serve with a sprinkling of freshly chopped coriander
Accompany with boiled Basmati rice if liked.
This dish is perfect for using up any veggies you may have lying around the kitchen - cauliflower, carrots, courgettes and mushrooms all work perfectly!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Really enjoyed this dish, just added courgette, mushrooms and a bit more chilli and garlic.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review