Quorn Swedish Style Balls Lasagne
It's time to give your weekly dinner staple a much-needed makeover. Take your lasagne to the next level with this delicious Quorn Swedish Style Ball version, a classy twist on an old favourite.
A Little Effort
21.2 g of fat
- 1 pack of Quorn Swedish Style Balls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 150ml red wine
- 500g passata
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 30g butter
- 40g plain flour
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- 3 fresh lasagne sheets
- 60g grated cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- To make the meatball base, place a large sauté pan on a medium heat and pour in the oil. Add the onion, and fry for 5 minutes, or until softened slightly. Add the garlic, oregano and tomato puree and fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the wine, increase the heat and bubble until the wine has evaporated. Reduce the heat and add the passata, stock cube and Quorn Swedish Style Balls. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To make the white sauce, place a saucepan on a low heat. Melt the butter and stir through the flour to create a paste. Let this cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the flour smells biscuity. Gradually add the milk, stirring all the time, to create a smooth sauce. Season with salt and black pepper.
- To assemble the lasagne, place the meatball mixture into an oven-proof dish. Layer the lasagne sheets on top and spread with the white sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top and transfer to oven to cook for 25-30 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve with a seasonal salad.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review