Vegetarian Creamy Swedish Meatballs
Meatballs on the mind? You don’t even need to get your hands dirty with this one-pot wonder featuring our Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs! Served with a traditional creamy gravy, perfect for a comforting weeknight meal.
27 g of fat
- 1 packet Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs (frozen)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 ⅓ cups vegetarian beef-style broth
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a frying pan. Add Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs and cook according to packet directions
- In the meantime, start making the sauce. Add 3 tbsp butter to a heavy pan. When butter is melted, add 3 tbsp flour and cook for 1-2 mins until lightly browned.
- Add beef-style stock slowly, stirring continuously until all incorporated. This will thicken slightly, so continue to stir for 2-3 mins, ensuring it is smooth and the raw flour is cooked. If too thick, add extra stock to the sauce.
- Add sour cream; soy sauce and mustard until combined.
- Stir cooked meatballs into sauce mixture, and heat through.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top, and serve immediately on its own or over pasta, rice, or potatoes!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.