Air Fryer Quorn Vegetarian Meatball Marinara
Quick and easy, this classic dish will make mealtimes a breeze! Quorn Swedish Style Balls are air fried with onions and garlic then smothered in tomatoes and oozy mozzarella. The air fryer does all the work for you in this delicious recipe – no need to turn the oven on, and you get perfectly "seared" Quorn meatballs. Serve with air fried golden, crunchy garlic bread.
This is a hug of a dish and it’s all cooked in no time thanks to the Air fryer.
16.6 g of fat
- 150G Quorn Swedish Meatballs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 400g tinned finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ brown onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 60g grated mozzarella
- 1 individual Ciabatta roll
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30g butter or low fat spread softened
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 40g rocket
- 80g baby plum tomatoes
Note* If your air fryer is not in compartments, use an oven proof dish to do the following steps and place the dish in the air fryer to cook. If your air fryer has compartments then the marinara can be cooked directly in the air fryer.
- Finely chop the onion and 2 cloves of garlic then mix with the Quorn Swedish Meatballs and a teaspoon of olive oil then place in the air fryer and cook on 180 degrees for 5-10 minutes until the meatballs are browned and the onion has softened.
- Add in the tinned tomatoes and oregano then season with salt and pepper to taste. Give everything a good mix then air fry again at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes. Mix, then sprinkle with the grated mozzarella and cook again for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
- For the garlic bread – but the butter/spread in a bowl then finely chop the garlic and basil and mix with the butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut slits in the ciabatta roll being careful not to cut all the way through then spread the garlic butter in the slits, spreading a little on the top of the roll as you go. Cook the garlic bread in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes until golden and crunchy
- Cut the tomatoes in halves then mix with the rocket and serve with the meatball marinara and the garlic bread.
20 minutes cooking time may need to increase based on the size of your air fryer, so increase as needed.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.