Roasted Pumpkin Chili with Quorn Mince
A sizzling bowl of flavourful chili made with Quorn Mince and stuffed into mini pumpkins. Perfectly suited to celebrate Halloween or during the autumn. Top with paprika pumpkin seeds for crispy indulgence.
A Little Effort
- 400g Quorn Mince
- 4 Small Squash / Pumpkins - hulled
- 1 Large white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g button mushrooms
- 1 red chilli
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 2tsp paprika
- 10g of dark chocolate, grated
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 20g of mature cheddar
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees. Hull out four small pumpkins and chop into 2cm chunks. Separate the seeds and scatter onto a baking tray with the squash. Drizzle over 1tbsp of olive oil and 2tsp of paprika. Bake for 20 minutes until the squash is golden and the seeds are crunchy.
- In a large pan, add the chopped white onion, garlic gloves and one whole red chilli (seeds removed).
- Add the chilli powder, cumin seeds and cinnamon and stir till golden.
- Add your Quorn mince and cook until it is golden brown.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, kidney beans, chopped peppers and a can of chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce to thicken. Season to taste and finish with a small grating of dark chocolate (optional but delicious).
- Fill the mini pumpkins with the chilli, then sprinkle a handful of grated cheddar on top and place them onto a baking tray to grill for 5 minutes until they’re oozy and melted.
- Top with fresh coriander, the roasted squash and crunchy seeds.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review