Vegetarian Shawarma Kebab
Your new favourite way to top flatbread! Made with Quorn Roast, our Vegetarian Shawarma is a tasty, meat-free way to recreate the kebab shop classic at home. Pile vegan yoghurt sauce, fresh veggies, and marinated Quorn Roast atop homemade flatbreads with our Vegetarian Shawarma recipe. Make this meat-free meal from the Mediterranean tonight!
A Little Effort
7.3 g of fat
- 1 Quorn Roast, defrosted
- 20ml vegetable oil.
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- For the flatbreads
- 200g yoghurt
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- For the dressing
- 100g yoghurt
- ½ lemon – zested and juiced.
- 1 handful (10g) mint leaves
- To serve
- Half a cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 1 tomato sliced as thin as possible.
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rings
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Remove roast from packaging. Mix the spices together with the oil and coat the roast all over as thoroughly as possible. Recover, and roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly. Then shave as thin as possible – a peeler is great for this.
- For the flatbreads, mix together the yoghurt, flour and salt until a dough forms, knead for 2/3 minutes. Divide into 8 balls and roll out to your desired thickness.
- In a dry griddle pan, over a medium high heat – cook the flatbreads for 1-2 minutes a side depending on the thickness until they begin to puff up and have coloured on both sides.
- For the dressing, chop the mint leaves, then mix with the yoghurt, lemon juice & zest.
- To serve, layer some cucumber ribbons & tomato on the base of the flatbread, top with the roast shawarma, yoghurt dressing and then the onion slices to finish
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review