Quorn Roast with Vegetarian Stuffing
Stuffed with Sunday dinner deliciousness! Go traditional and bake your stuffing inside a Quorn Roast for a delicious vegetarian take on the classic roast dinner. Our recipe for Quorn Roast with Vegetarian Stuffing includes all your favourite trimmings, from roasted potatoes to carrots and parsnips. Our Quorn Roast with Vegetarian Stuffing is perfect for Sunday, or any day of the week - try it tonight!
Made with Quorn Roast
High in Protein
Low in Saturated Fat
- 1 Quorn Roast, defrosted
- 150g Sage & onion stuffing (Paxo or stuffing of choice)
- 2 hispi cabbage
- 200g peeled potatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 parsnips, peeled
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- 20g unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- Vegetable gravy, to serve
- Remove Quorn Roast from packaging and slice in half, lay the stuffing on one half and place the other half of the roast back on top.
- Roll tightly in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes. Remove the cling film and wrap your Roast in foil. Cook the Roast in a preheated oven at 180C wrapped in foil for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Slice & serve with gravy.
For the Hispi Cabbage:
- Meanwhile, cut the cabbage into quarters, keeping the root intact.
- In a deep frying pan over a medium high heat, fry the cut edges of the cabbage in 1 tbsp of vegetable oil until well coloured on both sides.
- Add the butter, and vegetable stock, reduce to a simmer.
- Cover with a lid or foil and allow to braise until you can pierce the root with a knife and feel no resistance. Glaze with reduced cooking liquid and serve.
For the Carrots & Parsnips:
- Once peeled, chop the carrots and parsnips into batons roughly the same size and shape.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and drop the carrot and parsnips in until just beginning to soften, remove and drain.
- Place on a baking tray in a preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minutes, then drizzle with honey. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, then remove and serve.
For the Roast Potatoes:
- Peel and chop the potatoes into even size chunks.
- Par boil in salted water until there is a little resistance when poked with a knife. Drain and shake in a colander to rough up the edges. aAlow to steam dry for 10- 15 minutes.
- Pre heat a deep tray with vegetable oil for 10-15 minutes at 200 C.
- Place the potatoes in the preheated tray with the oil and return to the oven.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, turning every 10-15 minutes to ensure even colouration (and crispness) on all sides.
- Remove from the oven, drain any excess oil and serve.
For the Tenderstem Broccoli:
- Steam over a pan of boiling water for 4-5 minutes, until just a slight bite remains.
- Remove from the steamer, and serve.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes