- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 ½ tsp dried sage
- 200g mixed mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 50ml hot water
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 60g cranberries
- 80g preprepared ambient packed chestnuts, diced
- Season with cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/380°F/Gas mark 5. Line a 2lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the onions for 4 minutes. Add the Quorn Pieces, garlic and sage then continue to cook for a further 3 minutes, then add the mushrooms and stock and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Place half of the mixture into a blender and pulse for 1 minute. Add back into the pan along with the breadcrumbs, egg, cranberries and chestnuts and mix well. Season to taste.
- Place the mixture into the lined loaf tin pressing firmly down. Cover with a greaseproof paper and bake for 30 minutes, remove the top layer of paper and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with freshly steamed vegetables.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review