Vegetarian Christmas Canapes with Quorn Roast
Try our delicious Christmas Canapes made with Quorn Roast - a delicious Christmas recipe, perfect to serve during a Christmas lunch, dinner, or as party food.
A Little Effort
- 1 Quorn Roast
- 1 Carrot, peeled
- 8 Sprouts
- ¼ Red Cabbage, finely sliced
- 100g Christmas Chutney
- Handful of Redcurrants
- Sprig of fresh Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 220C/ Fan 200C and cook Quorn Roast for 55 mins, as per pack instructions.
- Fry the red cabbage in a little oil or butter, adding the red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste as the cabbage finishes cooking.
- Boil the sprouts, whole, for 15 mins.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the carrot lengthways to form ribbons.
- When the roast has been in for 45 mins, gently place the carrot ribbons on an oiled baking tray, drizzle them over with oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Bake for around 5 minutes with the Roast, but check them often to ensure they don’t burn. Once cooked and lightly browned, leave to cool and crisp up.
- Once cooked, drain and slice sprouts.
- Slice your roast into 10x 1cm slices and arrange on a serving platter.
- Add a slice of sprout, a spoonful of cabbage and a teaspoon of chutney. Then place carrot crisps and a couple of red currants.
- Finally sprinkle over some thyme leaves, a little salt and some freshly ground black pepper over each portion.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review