Caribbean Stew with Quorn Pieces
Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at home, with this flavourful stew. This dish is made with Quorn Pieces which are high in protein and low in saturated fat - they take on flavours and marinades really well too!
5 g of fat
8.8 g of fibre
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 2 tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce
- 200g tin of pineapple chunks
- 4 tbsp malt vinegar
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 4 tsp of Cornflour dissolved in 4 tbsp cold water
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onions until softened. Add the celery, carrot, mushrooms, red pepper, paprika and allspice and continue cooking for 5 minutes
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and stock and bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the pineapple and the Quorn Pieces and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Add the corn flour and stir until thickened
Enjoy with fluffy, boiled rice.
Did you know? To increase your fibre intake, why not swap the white rice for brown or wild rice instead?
Remember when buying tinned pineapple to buy pineapple in juice or water, instead of syrup!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review