Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms With Quorn Mince
Trying to find an easy weeknight dinner or a dinner party hit? Look no further.
These earthy mushrooms stuffed with Quorn Vegetarian Mince and broccoli in a creamy, cheesy bechamel sauce are topped with a crunchy, nutty topping for a deliciously different midweek meal. These vegetarian stuffed peppers will be a mealtime staple.
Serve simply with a crisp green salad or why not pair it with our Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers as a mixed starter?
This recipe also works well with smaller mushrooms, served as canapes if you’re entertaining. Perfect for all occasions.
Made with Quorn Mince
High in Protein
Low in Saturated Fat
- 100g Quorn Mince
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 100g broccoli
- 140ml semi skimmed milk
- 10g unsalted butter
- 10g plain flour
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 10g fresh chives finely chopped
- 35g vegetarian parmesan cheese finely grated
- 20g panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 15g flaked almonds
- Preheat a fan oven to 180 degrees C.
- Heat a deep sided frying pan on a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Finely dice the onion and garlic and add to the warm pan cooking until softened.
- Add the Quorn Mince to the pan and fry until browned slightly.
- In the meantime, fill a pan with water and bring to the boil. Cut the broccoli into small florets, chopping the stem into small pieces then add to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Drain and put to one side.
- Once your Quorn Mince has browned add the butter to the pan, stir until melted, then add the plain flour.
- Stir everything together until the flour has absorbed into the butter then gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Add the Dijon mustard, half the chopped chives and half the parmesan and stir until combined.
- Add the drained broccoli to the pan and mix until the broccoli is coated in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking tray then fill each mushroom with the creamy Quorn mixture.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the remaining chives and parmesan then add the chilli flakes, flaked almonds and the zest of the lemon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the filled mushrooms then bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the mushrooms have softened and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Serve with a fresh green salad.