Vegetarian Curry Hot Pot with Quorn Mince
Meal prep your lunch or dinner this week cooking an exotic Vegetarian Curry Hot Pot with Quorn Mince. Prepare 4 - 6 containers with wholegrain rice and a refreshing mint & cucumber salad in only 30 minutes.
10 g of fat
24 g of fibre
IngredientsFor the curry
- 200g Quorn Mince
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 400g chickpeas
- 400g adzuki beans
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of washed spinach
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- Low cal cooking spray
- 150g wholegrain rice
- Fresh mint yoghurt
- Slice of citrus
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 Red onion
- Splash olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 lime - squeezed
- Handful of mint leaves
For the curry
- Spray low cal butter cooking spray into a pan (alternatively heat oil or butter over medium-heat) & add 1 chopped onion.
- After 2 minutes, add 1 tbsp. of cumin, mustard powder, turmeric, garam masala and 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes and stir to release the aroma from the spices.
- Add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and a tin of chickpeas with their water.
- On the side, peel and chop 3 sweet potatoes into chunks.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with 1 cup of washed spinach.
- Mix and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add a cup of Quorn Mince and allow the pan to slowly simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are softened, add a tin of Adzuki beans (in their water) and another cup of washed spinach
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve with wholegrain rice, fresh mint yoghurt and citrus slice
For the salad
- Cut 1 cucumber and half a red onion in thin slices and add them to a bowl
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt to the bowl
- Squeeze half a lime and add in fresh mint leaves
- Mix well together
Did you know? Sweet potatoes are a great source of fibre and contain vitamins and minerals including vitamin C. In fact, 80g of sweet potato counts towards your 5-A-DAY (unlike normal potatoes!). How about keeping the skin on this time? Saves on the peeling and increases your fibre intake!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.