- 250g Quorn Mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp red pesto
- 500ml tomato passata
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of bread, stale if possible, with crusts removed
- 1 x 125g ball of vegetarian Mozzarella, lower fat, sliced finely
- 35g vegetarian Parmesan, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
- Heat the oil in large pan and gently fry the onions until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes then stir in the pesto, passata, stock and oregano. Bring to the boil and add the Quorn Meat Free Mince. Remove from the heat
- Slice the mozzarella ball and make 4 sandwiches using the bread and mozzarella
- In a large oven proof container, pour a light layer of the Quorn Mince mix in then place the bread and cheese on top of this. Pour the remaining Quorn Mince mix on top ensuring the bread is submerged in the sauce then scatter the Parmesan cheese over
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes until piping hot
Serve with wilted spinach and nutmeg or a green salad
Add a handful of chopped back olives to the Quorn Mince mix for an extra flavour.
Tip: Use passata with onion and garlic in and remove these from the recipe for an even easier supper.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.