Quick & Easy One-Pot Fajita Pasta
Try this quick & easy One-Pot Fajita Pasta recipe, made with Quorn Pieces and 3 different coloured bell peppers. This colourful dish is perfect for a Mexican inspired dinner!
12 g of fat
20 g protein
High in protein
Low in saturated fat
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 750ml hot vegetable stock
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g penne pasta
- Shredded cheese, to top
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the sliced peppers & cook for 2 minutes. Add the onion & garlic & cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the dried spices & cook for 2 minutes, then add the Quorn Pieces & a splash of water, if the spices are sticking. Stir regularly, ensure the pieces are coated in spices. Remove the mix & place in a bowl.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and a good pinch of salt to the pan, stir thoroughly to mix in any flavour in the pan left from the spices. Cook for 5 mins, then add the hot veg stock & pasta and cook for a further 12 minutes, stirring continuously. Check the pasta at the end and add a little more water if needed to finish the pasta.
- Add the pieces & veg mix into the pan & stir on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, season well.
- Serve up & top with shredded cheese, & hot sauce if you want add some heat!
Did you know? To increase your fibre intake, simply swap your plain white pasta for wholemeal pasta, or how about just switching out half? Fibre is important to include in our diet to keep our digestive system healthy.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.