Nutritious Chickpea Curry with Quorn Mince
Nutritious, warming and full of flavour! This spicy curry dish made with Quorn Mince and chickpeas is simply perfect when you want something quick and tasty.
High in protein
Low in saturated fat
- 500g Quorn Meat Free Mince
- Rapeseed oil for frying
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 can of coconut milk (400g)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 130g fresh spinach
- 1 lime
- For serving:
- 400g oats
- Fresh coriander (chopped)
- Sesame seeds
- Boil the oats according to the instructions on pack and set aside.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic, then fry in oil for a couple of minutes. Add the cumin.
- Next, add Quorn Mince to the onion and garlic then fry until nicely coloured. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir well to combine.
- Add the coconut milk then fill the tin up with water and pour into the same pot. Next, pour in the drained chickpeas.
- Let the pan boil for 15 minutes then remove from the heat and stir in the spinach.
- Add the grated lime peel and squeeze in the juice.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and the chopped coriander over the curry and serve with a side of cooked oats.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.