Fancy trying something new for lunch or a light dinner? Tteokbokki is a spicy rice cake which is a popular street food delicacy in Korea and perfect for a quick bite to eat. See our completely vegan recipe below, made using quorn vegan pieces. Dial up the spice if you're feeling adventurous!
3.9 g of fat
- 280g Quorn Vegan Pieces
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- 60g gochujang paste
- 1/2 tbsp korean red pepper flakes (gochuguru)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 10 tubular rice cakes
- 3 green onions sliced long
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Bring stock to boil before adding gochujang, red pepper flakes, and granulated sugar. Stir well and add in rice cakes and stir gently. Bring heat down to medium and sprinkle 1/3 of the scallion on top.
- Add Quorn Vegan Pieces and gently simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce is thick and shiny.
- To serve, spoon into a bowl and sprinkle with the rest of the scallion and sesame seeds.
If you are struggling to find the rice cakes, sub for Gnocci! Drop a pack in boiling water for two minutes and add once the sauce is ready.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review