Vegan Carbonara with Quorn Smoky Vegan Ham
A quick and convenient mid-week vegan meal, which is ready in 15 minutes! The sauce used is creamy and makes the meal even more delicious. You can add sliced chestnut mushrooms or capers to the sauce for a tasty twist on this vegan version of a classic Italian meal.
A Little Effort
- 100g Quorn Vegan Smoky Ham Free Slices
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. plain flour
- 400ml soy milk
- Salt and pepper
- 5g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 300g spaghetti
- Extra flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over a medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the plain flour, stir well to coat and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the soy milk to the pan whisking to avoid lumps. Bring to the boil and reduce to sauce consistency. Lower the heat and add the Quorn Smoky Vegan Ham, stirring gently to warm through.
- Set to one side, season to taste with salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley.
- Cook the spaghetti as per pack instructions, drain and add to the sauce tossing to coat.
- Divide into warmed serving bowls and garnish with extra flat leaf parsley.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review