Sticky Korean Quorn Fillet flatbread
This Korean Quorn Vegan Fillet with a sweet, spicy and sticky glaze is our new favourite kebab fakeaway. Serve with homemade pickled red onions and a drizzle of sriracha mayonnaise for a messy weekend treat!
- 4 Quorn Vegan Fillets, defrosted
- 4 tbsp Korean BBQ sauce
- 1tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 4 flatbreads
- 3 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 4 tbsp beetroot chutney or beetroot hummus
- 2 tbsp crispy onions
- 2 tbsp pickled red onions – see recipe below
- 300ml cider or white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 6 each of black peppercorns and coriander seeds
- 1 star anise
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 small red onions, sliced very finely
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4
- In a large bowl mix the Korean sauce with the oil and coat the Quorn Vegan Fillets in the sauce.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until sticky and golden.
- Meanwhile, mix together the vegan mayonnaise and sriracha, set aside. Spread each flatbread with the beetroot chutney.
- When cooked slice each fillet into 4 and spread over a flatbread, sprinkle over the onions and top with some pickled red onions or cabbage.
- Generously drizzle over the sriracha mayonnaise and garnish with fresh coriander.
To make the Pickled Red Onions:
- Place all ingredients apart from the onions, into a small pan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir to ensure sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Place the sliced onions into a colander and pour over some boiling water. Leave to drain then pack onion into a Kilner jar or similar.
- Pour over the warm vinegar and seal. Cool, then chill in the fridge.
- This will keep for 2 weeks.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review