Piri Piri Fillets with Homemade Slaw
Delicious and easy, this Piri Piri Quorn Vegan Fillets recipe is the perfect lunch or light midweek dinner. With just the right amount of spice to not be overpowering, this tasty dish is sure to become a favourite with every member of the family. Serve with a veggie packed homemade vegan slaw and corn on the cob.
A Little Effort
12.5 g of fat
- 4 Quorn Vegan Fillets, defrosted
- 6 tbsp medium piri piri sauce
- 4 corn on the cobs
- 3 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp vegan yogurt
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- juice of half a lemon
- ½ small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- freshly ground black pepperfreshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200C / Gas Mark 6.
- Place the Quorn Vegan Fillets in a bowl with the piri piri sauce and mix well to ensure that the fillets are fully coated. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To cook, place the marinated fillets on a lightly oiled baking tray and cook for 15 minutes until a core temperature is reached.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the slaw combine the vegan mayonnaise, vegan yogurt, mustard and lemon juice in a mixing bowl then add the red cabbage, grated carrot and red onion and mix well until all of the vegetables are coated in the mayo mixture. Refrigerate until needed.
- For the corn on the cob, fill a large pot with enough water to cover the corn & bring to a boil.
- Drop the corn into the boiling water, cover and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 6 – 8 minutes until the kernels are tender.
- Once the corn is cooked, transfer to a dry frying pan and brown.
- Slice each Quorn Vegan Fillet into 6 and serve with the slaw and corn.
Top tip: Add skinny fries or a side of rice too! This easy recipe also works well with other marinades such as Cajun and BBQ.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review