Quorn Vegan Palak Paneer
This delicious and creamy dish is made with fresh spinach, Quorn Vegan Pieces and lots of fragrant Indian spices! Perfect for when you are craving a hearty mild curry.
- Vegetarian and Vegan Curry Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Indian Food Recipes
- Vegan Recipes
- 1 packet of Quorn Vegan Pieces
- 750 g fresh spinach
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch of ginger
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 7 black pepper corns
- 3 cloves
- 1 green chilli
- 1 and 1/3 tsp salt or to taste
- few tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Cook spinach for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Dice onions and tomatoes. Crush ginger and garlic.
- Saute onions, ginger and garlic in a bit of olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and a bit more water and saute until tomatoes soften.
- Add salt and all spices. Simmer for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Try to squeeze the excess of water from the boiled spinach. Roughly chop the spinach on the chopping board. There are two ways to cook Palak panner: dry or with spinach puree. We’re going to make the dry version.
- Add chopped spinach to the fried onions and tomatoes and cook on a low light for 10 minutes. Add a tiny bit of water. Stir occasionally and keep checking as it's easy to burn the spinach!
- Fry Quorn Vegan Pieces in 2 tbsp of olive oil, until they turn golden brown. For a healthier version of this dish just skip this step and add raw, unfried Quorn Vegan Pieces directly to the curry.
- Add Quorn Vegan Pieces to spinach. Simmer with the lid on for about 10 minutes, until Quorn Vegan Pieces are cooked and soak up all the spices. If everything's getting too dry and spinach gets stuck to the bottom of the pot, add a tiny bit of water.
- Your palak paneer is ready! It will taste amazing with your favourite rice and vegan naan. Garnish with coriander and chilli flakes.
Recipe by Justyna Kwasieborska
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review