Easy Broccoli & Sweetcorn Pasta Bake
A versatile pasta bake is an essential midweek staple and this deliciously easy bake with Quorn Pieces, broccoli and sweetcorn is certainly a family dinner winner. Made using store cupboard essentials and minimal ingredients, any leftovers can be frozen for extra convenience.
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp mixed dried herbs
- 250g broccoli florets, blanched
- 150g frozen sweetcorn
- 250g penne pasta, cooked as directed on the pack
- 60g butter or margarine
- 60g plain flour
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 300ml milk
- 30g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 30g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 190°C/ Gas 5
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion and peppers for 5 minutes until softened. Transfer to an oven proof dish and add the Quorn pieces, mixed herbs, broccoli, sweetcorn and pasta.
- To prepare the sauce melt the butter in a pan then add the flour and stir continuously for 2 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and gradually whisk in the stock and milk. Return the pan to the heat and gently bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens and season well to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the Quorn and pasta bake ingredients and stir gently to combine.
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and cheese and bake in a preheated for 18 minutes or until the topping is bubbling and golden and the pasta bake has reached a core temperature.
Serve with a crisp green salad. As an alternative omit the breadcrumb topping and serve with a slice of garlic bread.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review