Quorn Smoky Ham Free Vegan Fritters
For a delicious vegan weeknight meal or a tasty veggie lunch try our Quorn Smoky Ham Free Vegan Fritters.
These smoky vegan fritters are filled with zesty flavours and served with a fresh cucumber dip – great as a summery garden snack or served with a crunchy salad for a delicious lunch or dinner.
Made using Quorn Smoky Ham Free Slices these vegan fritters are done in under an hour and packed full of flavour what's not to love?
6.1 g of fat
- 50g Quorn Smoky Ham Free Slices
- 1 large courgette
- 4 spring onions
- 60g dairy free feta cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 red chillies
- 70g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- For the dip:
- 125g fat free Greek yogurt (or vegan alternative)
- 100g cucumber
- 5g fresh dill
- 1 lemon
- ½ clove garlic
- Grate the courgette into a large bowl, then squeeze out most of the moisture, discard the liquid and return to the bowl. Finely chop the spring onions and add to the bowl along with the smoked paprika, baking powder and plain flour and egg.
- Chop the Quorn Smoky Ham Free Slices into small chunks and add to the bowl, then crumble in the feta cheese.
- Deseed the red chillies, finely chop and add to the bowl then give everything a good mix until it forms a thick batter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large frying pan on a medium heat and add the olive oil
- Spoon in the batter mixture into rounds about 10cm in diameter, flattening them out as they hit the pan. Avoid overcrowding the pan so they are easy to flip.
- The mixture should make 6 fritters and you may need to cook them in batches.
- Cook on each side for a couple of minutes until golden and crispy.
- To make the dip – put the yogurt in a bowl then grate in the cucumber and garlic. Add the zest of the lemon and half the juice then chop the dill and add to the bowl, giving everything a good mix.
- Serve the dip with the warm fritters.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.