Quorn Crispy Nuggets Smoky BBQ Platter With Homemade BBQ Sauce
This BBQ nugget platter makes a great family fakeaway option when you fancy something tasty midweek!
Quorn Crispy Nuggets are dipped in a fiery homemade BBQ sauce served with smoky paprika sweet potato fries, corn ribs and a wholesome green goddess slaw, this platter has everything you need to satisfy those takeaway cravings.
A Little Effort
3.5 g of fat
Low in saturated fat
Source of fibre
Source of protein
- 16 Quorn Crispy Nuggets
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 2 corn on the cob
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 200g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 140g sweetheart green cabbage
- 60g baby spinach
- 280g cucumber
- 4 spring onions
- 40g fresh basil
- 30g fresh chives
- 10g fresh mint
- 2 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200g fat free Greek yogurt
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees celsius fan.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into fries and cut the corn on the cob into quarters. To cut the corn on the cob stand the corn on its end and cut down the middle with a sharp knife rocking the knife from side to side to help get it through the cob. Then place the half flat on your chopping board and cut again in half – tapping your knife with a rolling pin will help get the knife through the cob.
- Mix together the cornflour, dried oregano, 1x tbsp of smoked paprika and 1x tsp of cayenne pepper (don’t like spice? Use less of the cayenne or leave out completely.)
- Put the sweet potatoes and corn ribs on a large flat baking tray and coat with the mixed spices, and 1 tbsp of olive oil mixing well so that everything is evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for around 30-35 minutes until the sweet potato fries are brown and crispy and the corn ribs have started to curl up.
- Halfway through the cooking time, add the Quorn Crispy Nuggets to a baking tray and place in the oven along with the fries and ribs. Cook according to the packet instructions.
For the BBQ sauce
- Finely chop the onion and garlic then add to a saucepan with a teaspoon of olive oil, cooking on a medium heat until softened.
- Add the remaining smoked paprika and cayenne pepper (don’t like spice? Use less of the cayenne or leave out completely) along with the tomato puree, balsamic vinegar and light brown sugar.
- Give everything a good mix and cook for a minute or two then add the tinned tomatoes.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on a low heat until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can either blitz the sauce with a stick blender to make a smooth sauce or leave the sauce chunky.
- For the Green Goddess Slaw, finely chop the cabbage, spinach, cucumber and spring onions and add to a large bowl.
- For the dressing, either finely chop the basil, chives, mint and garlic and mix with the lemon juice and yogurt or pop everything in a food processor and blitz.
- Pour over the chopped veggies and give everything a good mix.
- Serve the slaw with the paprika sweet potato fries, corn ribs, Quorn Crispy Nuggets and BBQ dipping sauce.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.