Quorn Pumpkin Peppers
These Halloween stuffed peppers are great fun for the kids to make – they can even lend a helping hand when cutting out the faces on the peppers. Alternate the rice filling for couscous or brown rice, swap the pumpkin seeds for sunflower seeds and use different coloured peppers for a change. Serve with our Mini Halloween Pies and Spooky Sausage Rolls for a fangtastic feast!
4.6 g of fat
- 100g Quorn Cocktail Sausages, diced
- 50g wild rice
- 50g courgette, grated
- 50g carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp. toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the wild rice as per pack instructions. Drain and set to one side.
- Using a small serrated knife slice the tops off each pepper keeping the green stems on and de-seed. Use the knife to create two triangle shaped eyes, a nose and a spooky mouth on each pepper.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Blanch the peppers and lids in the boiling water for 5 minutes. Place the peppers onto a baking tray.
- To make the filling, place the cooked wild rice, diced cocktail sausages, courgette, carrot, pumpkin seeds, coriander, smoked paprika and lemon juice into a bowl and mix well. Season to taste.
- Spoon the filling into the blanched peppers and top with a pepper lid.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan)/ 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review