Christmas Stuffed Squash with Quorn Vegan Pieces
If you are looking for a Christmas centrepiece this stuffed squash recipe would be perfect. It is stuffed with Quorn Vegan Pieces, quinoa, brussel sprouts and cranberries. But don’t worry, if you are a Brussels sprouts hater then just replace them with chopped kale.
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Vegan Recipes
- Winter Comfort Food Recipes
- Christmas Recipes
A Little Effort
- 1 pack Quorn Vegan Pieces
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g brussel sprouts
- 100g cranberries
- 150g cooked quinoa
- 30g parsley
- 4 tbsp port
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- String to tie together
- First halve the butternut squash, brush with olive oil and put in a baking dish and bake for 45 mins at 180C until just tender.
- While the squash is cooking prepare the filling. Chop the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Quarter the Brussels sprouts, roughly chop the Quorn into slightly smaller pieces and add to the pan along with the cranberries. Cook for about 10 minutes on medium to high heat until the cranberries have popped.
- Add the port and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, parsley and thyme and mix well.
- When the squash is ready scoop out the seeds and some of the flesh from the middle to make a channel so there is room to stuff it. Chop the flesh and add it to the mixture in the pan and mix well.
- Spoon some of the stuffing into each half of the squash and then put the two halves together and tie with string.
- Bake in the oven for a further 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review